CRASH LANDING ON YOU (2019)

Watch CLOY on NETFLIX

This is a poster for Crash Landing on You. The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the item promoted, tvN, the publisher of the item promoted or the graphic artist.

For the Cast and Crew click the following:
WIKIPEDIA (has spoilers)

Crash Landing on You[4] (Korean사랑의 불시착Hanja사랑의 不時着RRSarang-ui BulsichakMRSarang-ŭi Pulshich'ak; lit. Love's Emergency Landing) is a 2019–2020 South Korean television series written by Park Ji-eun, directed by Lee Jeong-hyo and starring Hyun BinSon Ye-jinKim Jung-hyun and Seo Ji-hye. It is about a South Korean chaebol heiress who, while paragliding in SeoulSouth Korea, is swept up in a sudden storm, crash-lands in the North Korean portion of the DMZ, and meets a captain in the Korean People's Army. Over time, they fall in love, despite the divide and dispute between their respective countries.

The series aired on tvN in South Korea and on Netflix worldwide from December 14, 2019, to February 16, 2020. It is the highest rated tvN drama and the third highest-rated South Korean TV drama in cable television history.

IMDB
ASIAN WIKI
HAN CINEMA
ROTTEN TOMATOES

THE OFFICIAL KOREAN WEBSITE


We learned about CRASH LANDING ON YOU(CLOY) Earlier last month when my Paternal cousins and cousins-in-law, plus one of my cousins' in-laws, prepared healthy, but delicious meals for my dad who was diagnosed with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm last year, and who just finished his MRI(praying hard that diameter or the radius shrinks) back then. Tita Heidi, my cousin-in-law's mother, was telling us how enjoyable the series is.

Just as we were informed about it, almost everyone started posting about it.  Even my ate Carol joined the bandwagon and the #BinJin followers.  Wow!  I was psyched, and hoped against hope that this was not hyped up or something.

I thought I've first "met" HYUN BIN in SECRET GARDEN opposite HA JI-WON(Empress Ki/Hwang Jini/What Happened in Bali also known as Memories of Bali), but I was wrong.  I have "met" him before that.  I met him in BODYGUARD then in NONSTOP then in MY LOVELY SAMSOON (MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON) then in WORLDS WITHIN.  I have yet to watch MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA on Netflix)

SON YE-JIN is very familiar to me.  This is not in chronological order, but the first thing that comes to mind is SUMMER SCENT.  She's also in Secret Garden and LOVERS' CONCERTO.  Oh, she's the central character of SOMETHING IN THE RAIN...a story where I learned about ADDITIONAL relationship taboos in Korea.  I will let my mom watch that some other time.  

Back to CLOY...

Once you start the series you wouldn't want to stop it, unless you have to.  Almost everything is fictitious, but the emotions are real.  

Serendipitous moments are indeed probable even in real life, and a lot of people were able to relate with many scenes.

I read some articles about defectors making comments about scenes in North Korea.  Even if they are fictitious, there were many scenes that reminded them of their childhood.  They said it's great that they showed that North Koreans are also human, and who knows? The unification Yoon Se-ri keeps mentioning could happen in the future.  Stranger things have happened.

The chemistry between Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin is undeniably strong, and I wouldn't be surprised if their love would be real some day, if not yet.  



I love the entire ensemble of CLOY.  Some are funny, some are scary, and some are lovable. ALL are naturals.  

The scenes in Switzerland made me hope that I could go back there one day.  Sigh.  I really, really hope and pray that it would be a reality.

I love the integration of scenes and the different emotions I have felt.  I laughed, cried, felt cheap thrills and so much more.

The love between Captain Ri(Captain Lee) and Yoon Se-ri make us transcend to different heights...the Unnis/Eonnis and the soldiers are so unforgettable.  

I felt sad for one(or two) characters because...

Sigh.

I hate to spoil it for those who haven't watched the series yet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星