My Mother's Future Husband (2014)

From Google Images
overview from TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES

George Erschbamer

 
Director
 


WRITTEN BY
Julie Brazier
  • Lea Thompson as René Henderson
  • Sebastian Spence as Andrew
  • Matreya Fedor as Headly Henderson, René's daughter
  • Gig Morton as Willis, Headly's best friend who has a secret crush on her
  • Everick Golding as Lou, the pastry chef and good friend of René
  • Lochlyn Munro as Scott, one of René's suitors who passes Mitzi's taste
  • Ben Wilkinson as Eric, the cheapskate (I was half-wishing he was Andrew)
  • Jacob Tremblay as sweet Connor, Andrew's child
  • Rachel Hayward as Mitzi, René's best friend and one of her biz partners
  • Chelsea Mae Leung as Bianca, Headly's best gff...she's sportsminded
  • Burkely Duffield as Bodie Miller, Headly's crush
  • Frank Cassini as Chuck, René's seemingly boring blind date
  • Janyse Jaud (Headly's singing voice---ghost singer)

  • This made for television movie has received mixed reviews, so where do I belong? Do I like it or do I hate it?  I like it. Maybe I don't love it, but I really, really like it.  Honestly, when I saw the cast without seeing any trailer or poster I thought either Ben Wilkinson or Lochlyn Munro would be Lea Thompson's partner, but gee, I was wrong.
There's still the "jumping to conclusions" and other misunderstandings, plus there's the hot girl best friend oblivious to the fancies of the geeky best guy friend, but in toto, it's an enjoyable film because there are a few other approaches...it's predictable, yes, but there were a few surprises as well.

Well, that's all I want to say.

Thanks your time.

  •  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星