Seni Seviyorum Adamim (I Love You, My Man) 2014

 

Music composed by


Directed by: Biray Dalkiran
Written by :
Biray Dalkiran
Gökhan Horzum
Gül Abus Semerci
CAST
Gizem Karaca as Ezel a beautiful young woman full of vibrance and has a very beautiful and melodious voice
Barış Kılıç as Berk, a famous producer who went bankrupt then became a fisherman
Yıldız Kültür as Mujgan, Berk's nosy, but kind neighbor
Orçun Kaptan as Genco, Berk's best friend, who wants Berk to be happy like him so he keeps matching him up with different women
Murat Serezli as Sinan (Music Producer)
Serhat Özcan as Nuri, Ezel's strict, but loving father
Asuman Dabak as Hicran,  Ezel's mom
Ayşen Gruda as Anneanne,  Ezel's grandma...I don't think she has Alzheimer's, but...
Hakan Türksen as Kemal, the organizer
Emre Koç as Serkan, the guy who "stole" Berk's Zeynep...he loves stepping on other people's toes
Asli Omag as Betul, wife of Genco whom he loves

If I had read the premise or the synopsis I wouldn't have the joy of experiencing this beautiful love story of EZEL and BERK.

I would probably shelve it because I wouldn't want to experience sadness in this time of (almost) great tribulation.

I am glad that I just stumbled upon this movie and gave it a chance, because knowing only the Cliffs Notes will indeed give me the gist, but I wouldn't know or feel the love between Ezel and Berk...I wouldn't know how Ezel's family would feel...I wouldn't be able to journey with them in Cyprus and Istanbul...I wouldn't be smiling with with droplets of tears on my cheeks.  I wouldn't feel light inside. 

Afterthought:

I was hoping for a "magical" meaning of the name Ezel, but in Biblical Names the meaning of the name Ezel is: Hoing/hoeing abroad, walk.

So I looked for the meaning of the name Berk:  

English Baby Names Meaning:

In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Berk is: The birch tree meadow. Also see Barclay and Burke.

French Baby Names Meaning:

In French Baby Names the meaning of the name Berk is: Lives in a fortress.

Irish Baby Names Meaning:

In Irish Baby Names the meaning of the name Berk is: The birch tree meadow. Also see Barclay and Burke.

Turkish Baby Names Meaning:

In Turkish Baby Names the meaning of the name Berk is: Stable. 


Now I ask, what kind of stable?  A stable where the horse stays or stable as in "solid"?  It turns out it's the latter.  Aaaaaah.

I wasn't so happy with what I have learned about the name Ezel, so I searched some more then I found these:

  1. According to a user from United Kingdom, the name Ezel is of Turkish origin and means "Beginning or time".
  2. A user from United Kingdom says the name Ezel is of Turkish origin and means "Eternity".
  3. A submission from Ghana says the name Ezel means "Corner Stone" and is of Hebrew origin.
  4. According to a user from United Kingdom, the name Ezel is of Turkish origin and means "Eternity "Forever"".
  5. A user from Poland says the name Ezel is of Filipino (Philippines) origin and means "A kind hearted woman, intelligent and have strong personality have a determination to reach her goals and with a blessed name". (source)

So it's true, Turkish movies and Dizis are quite frustrating, but even so, there are many enjoyable and enlightening scenes. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星