Marriage Not Dating/연애 말고 결혼. 2014

 

This is a poster for Marriage, Not Dating. The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the television, the publisher of the television or the graphic artist.


Official Soundtrack
Also known as
Marriage Over Love
Marriage Without Love
Marriage Without Dating
Let's Get Married

What am I doing watching all these contract wedding stories?  Although I have seen most of the things this video(click link) are talking about, I got so curious about the others I have not seen, plus the rerunning of My Korean Jagiya just ended last night(I've seen the final episode of this Drama series before the last reran episode of MKJ), that I sort of wanted to see how many stories are out there, at least from South Korea.  There are many stories about arrange marriages even in the Philippines, where most of the time the female protagonists run away and meet another man they grow in love with, but since there is no divorce in the Philippines(only annulment...void ab initio), movies or series about contract marriages is a rarity, and one of them is MKJ.


Maybe next time I'll check these out

MARRIAGE NOT ROMANCE(literal translation of 연애 말고 결혼)
Also known as
Marriage Over Love
Marriage Without Love
Marriage Without Dating
Let's Get Married

The series is most of the time funny, but it does get serious a lot of times too.  One of the guys that the female lead is really very handsome, but obviously, he is not one half of the OTP.

Since I am not really going to review this as a critic, and I am just sharing my observations, if it's a review you want, just read the one below:


MY OBSERVATIONS:

I love roller coaster rides in amusement parks, but there are times when I get dizzy too, so I felt the different surges of emotions of almost all the characters.  Honestly, I couldn't understand Han Yeo-reum(JEONG JIN-WOON) so much, except for his sob story mentioned in the review above, but he, is the handsome guy I mentioned above, but the rest of the characters, well, most of the time.  I also wanna hit the head of Ki Tae/Gi Tae's father and I want to kick his mistress.  There are stories where you understand why a person strays...where he or she is coming from, but I really hate his character and values.  I hate his mistress too, because she's the one with no rights, but she's the one acting so high and mighty.  Argh.

THE PROTAGONISTS

JOO JANG-MI(Rose) played by HAN GROO(first time to "meet" her).  When this girl falls in love(or at least likes someone so much), she really shows it.  She's not afraid to say her feelings and verbalize her thoughts.  When she meets the male protagonist, she is in this "playful" relationship with his best friend who asks the male protagonist for help because of all the signs that she wants to get married.  She is not an easy girl, even if she's not so conservative(she's a little conservative at times). Han Groo was able to let us feel what she feels.  We were able to laugh and cry with her.  She's a good, but very unconventional person. She loves her folks, but her folks, though together, are emotionally estranged. This leaves scars Oh, by the way, she does not fall in love with our male protagonist quite easily, because after her heartbreak, she has it bad for Han Yeo-reum.  

GONG KI-TAE/GI-TAE as played YEON WOO-JIN(I "met" this guy in The Sons of Ojakgyo/Ojakgyo Family/Ojakgyo Brothers, where he played the role of Hwang Tae-pil, the youngest of the Hwang brothers), the male protagonist, is a very talented plastic surgeon.  Between the two of them, he is the one who falls in love first, but instead of showing it, she picks on her(and one of the characters would compare him to a school boy who torments his crush...well, something like that).

I like them.  They are convincingly believable.  I hope they would have other projects together(I haven't checked if they already do) one day.



FOR THE OTHER, BUT DEFINITELY NOT INSIGNIFICANT, CAST MEMBERS
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星