Samanyolu also known as Dangerous Love or Milky Way (Turkish Dizi starring Ozcan Deniz) 2009-2010


From imdb

Again, this is not a review

Series Directed by 

Andaç Haznedaroglu...(11 episodes, 2009-2010)

Series Writing Credits  

Melek Gençoglu...(writer) (28 episodes, 2009-2010)
Kerime Nadir...(novel) (28 episodes, 2009-2010)
Ece Yörenç...(writer) (28 episodes, 2009-2010)
Özcan Deniz...Nejat Ekinci 29 episodes, 2009-2010
Vildan Atasever...Zülal Saral 29 episodes, 2009-2010
Hülya Darcan...Feride Saral 29 episodes, 2009-2010
Hatice Aslan...Belkis Ekinci 29 episodes, 2009-2010
Zeynep Özder...Eda Andaç 29 episodes, 2009-2010

I got interested in this TV series because of Ozcan Deniz, who else?  He never disappoints.  He is very believable.  He has great chemistry with Vildan Atasever.
Things like this one happen in real life. Jerry Lee Lewis, for instance, married his cousin. I know people who also had relationships with their cousins, but since it is prohibited by law to do so, they could not get married. Both my parents come from families that value bloodline, even to the farthest degree, so when the wife of one of my cousins(definitely not first degree, because my first degree are like siblings to me and second degree cousins are like first degree cousins to me) saw some chemistry between me and her son, she talked with my mom, and my mom got furious.  I would lie if I said I did not find him attractive, but it's a no, no for me. Hindi kaya ng powers ko(The link says the translation is DARNA...rofl).  Well, I guess the closest to it is that I couldn't have that kind of a relationship, but that does not mean I look down on people that do.

The literal translation of the title is MILKY WAY, so maybe in another galaxy or universe, their love is accepted by society.  Does the title mean not accepted in Milky Way? I dunno. 

The international title is called DANGEROUS LOVE, and their love is indeed dangerous.  They are not only cousins.  According to Wikipedia, it is not legally prohibited to marry a first cousin in Turkey, BUT they, Nejat and Zülal were raised as SIBLINGS meaning their love is (like) incest.  Just like legally adopted siblings with no blood relations cannot marry.  
In Catholicism it's up to the 6th degree, but I guess nowadays we follow the law of the land, and here in the Philippines the prohibition is only up to the 4th civil degree, ergo you cannot marry your first cousin.  Before, during pre-medieval times, you would need to PURCHASE a dispensation from the Church, but finally, Edward Westermarck states that marriage among the ancient Teutons was apparently prohibited only in the ascending and descending lines and among siblings.   Of course, the law of the land is indeed legal and binding, so in the Philippines, I reiterate, you cannot marry a first degree cousin.  


There is more to the story than two first cousins in love. 

Instead of writing a review, just read the synopsis by clicking the link below:

DANGEROUS LOVE

An enduring love story... Two children of two sisters, brought up in the same mansion like brother...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星