Ikinci Şans(Second Chance)

From Google Images
If Lee Hyeong-Cheol is my favorite Korean actor, and John Arcilla is my favorite Filipino actor, OZCAN DENIZ is my favorite Turkish Actor.  He's not only an actor, he also writes, directs, and he even sings.  He recently divorced his wife, Feyza Aktan, and fought for the custody of his son, but young Kuzey is currently staying with his mother.  

The first project of his that I watched was ALSO cowritten by AVNI TUNA DILLIGIL.  It's called SU ve ATES(Water and Fire), and I have seen some others.  To be honest, I also watched an adaptation of a Korean Drama that he wrote, directed, acted, et cetera, called EVIM SENSIN(You're My Home), but I couldn't write about it. Maybe it's because I have seen too many stories like that the past two weeks alone, but I also like it, so I am  sort of writing about it NOW alongside with this story.  It brought tears to my eyes, but at the very least, just like SENI SEVIYORUM ADAMIM, it still has a positive ending.


Ikinci Sans(Second Chance)
The movie is relatable to me in more ways than one.  I may not be a divorcée, but I am at that age where I could understand what Yasemin is going through.

Her friends are already worried about her, and they don't want her being left out.  Nurgül Yesilçay plays Yasemin, the mother of beautiful eighteen year-old Çiçek(Afra Saraçoglu).  

Ozcan Deniz plays Çemal, a 44 year-old divorced man with a nineteen year-old son called Mahmut(Mesut Can Tomay), but he hates him calling him "Baba" when working, so that he could play hooky with women in their 20s, so the poor kid calls his dad Çemal bey reluctantly.  This made his self-esteem drop to nadir.  If that wasn't enough, he also overheard his dad tell his mom that he was some sort of idiot. 

The two meet because of Çiçek and Mahmut.  They did not like each other in an instant, but when they do, Yasemin gets scared because of Çemal's (recent past, but she thought...) philandering that was reminding her too much of Çiçek's father, a rich guy who wants to be the center of the universe of young women.

I like the flow of the story plus there are many beautiful "travelogues" and the dialogues should be listened to(or read).

This movie is a romantic comedy.  It is FAIRLY wholesome, with some naughtiness on the side.


#loveforchildren
#friendship
#secondchanceinlove
#fathersonrelationship
#motherdaughterrelationship
#onlinefriendship
#protectivemother
#childrenofdivorce


(You Know It)

(Longing)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星