MIDNIGHT SUN(2018) Disclaimer: Not the one from the Twilight Series

Bella Thorne and Patrick Schwarzenegger
This is a poster for Midnight Sun (2017 film). The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the film, Open Road Films, the publisher of the film or the graphic artist.


The film is based on the 2006 Japanese film called A Song to the Sun written by Bando Kenji/Kenji Bando, and directed by Norihiro Koizumi
While this romantic plot may sound unbelievably melodramatic, on the film's website they make it clear that this story is based on a real disorder. It's called, xeroderma pigmentosum (XP). If you've never heard of XP before, that may be because it's incredibly rare.Mar 22, 2018

Story byKenji Bando, Original writer 
CAST:


"You probably already know the story because you have seen the original Japanese movie or maybe it's because you have read some spoilers," was what I told myself when I was deliberating if I should watch the movie or not.  Obviously, I chose to do so.

     Alfred Lord Tennyson, "'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

I have seen a couple of stories with the same "theme" this fortnight alone, so I almost did not watch this.  One a Turkish adaptation of a Korean movie(I didn't write about it YET) called EVIN SENSIN(You Are My Home), and another Turkish movie mostly based in Cyprus called SENI SEVIYORUM ADAMIM (I love you, Man!).

There was even the temptation to compare it to A WALK TO REMEMBER, but even with a few similarities, I assure you that it's very different.  

I was also sort of hoping that the ending would be similar to EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, but it wasn't.

Do I have any regrets? Nope.  Even with the mixed reviews, I am still very grateful that I faced the "fear of the unknown"...or should I say "known"? I am grateful because the story is beautiful.  This may also be a "spoiler", but I must say that even if the story brought tears to my eyes, there was joy within.

Well, please just read the REVIEW called MOVIE MAYHEM-MIDNIGHT SUN because Bryan Caron voiced my thoughts perfectly.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  


#MidnightSunMovie


STREAM IT: MIDNIGHT SUN




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星