100 Days My Prince (2018) 100일 내 왕자

Watch on Netflix



For Cast and Crew


At first I didn't want to watch this because I read some reviews that GOOD BOY also did not get the girl here (duh, Lara, you don't need reviews for that), plus basing on the poster alone, I thought they wouldn't have great chemistry, but once I started watching, I only stopped when it was necessary. Ergo, they gel! The story became so interesting as it progressed. Later on, I realized I have already seen bits and pieces of it via tvN, then I've seen the latter parts of the Tagalized version via ABS-CBN. I remembered the scenes between the Crown Princess (back then we didn't have tvN) and Yoon Yi- Seo's brother and I remember the baby (minor spoilers because just when you think the story is so predictable, there will be many surprises in between ) ... Hmmm ... around two years ago ... but it's the first time that I have seen the whole shebang (yes, including the specials ... I will include one part below). 

There are (seemingly) many discrepancies regarding time frame / timeline, and some other stuff, but I like the way the story was written. I also learned about the Korean word / words for apricot and plum, and why the translation is sometimes plum blossom or apricot blossom is the same (regarding the embroidered shoes  alias  Na Won Deuk gave alias Yeon Hong Shim). Well, honestly, I never cared if they are in the same fruit family or not, but when I watched this, I realized that apricots and plums are from the fruit family Rosaceae or Rosales so it's but natural to interchange the translation of the Korean word to plum blossom or apricot blossom if the scientific name or fruit family name was used instead of  살구 꽃 (salgu kkot) for apricot blossom, and 매화 꽃 (maehwa kkot) for plum blossom. (This made me dizzy)

This story (just guessing the percentage) is only 25% factual, the rest of the story is fictional for "cinematic" purposes, but it is very convincing ... during the sixteen episodes you are transported to the Joseon Dynasty Era , and you would experience everything the characters are experiencing. The topics are very serious, but there are many humorous and entertaining scenes to balance stuff. The King there is definitely NOT The Great King Sejong (one of my favorite historical dramas was about him), because the Crown Prince's Father is a puppet of The Vice Premier (not even the Premier ... argh!), And The Great King Sejong, the promulgator of  Hunminjeongeum / Hangul is a wonderful King, while Prince Lee Yul's father is not.
SOURCE:
From Pinterest:
King Sejong the Great (Hangul: 대왕 세종; hanja: 大 王世宗; RR: Daewang Sejong; MR: Taewang Sejong) is a 2008 South Korean historical television series depicting the life of the fourth king of Joseon, Sejong the Great (played by Kim Sang-kyung). Considered one of the greatest kings in Korean history, Sejong created Hangul, the Korean alphabet.
 🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷 

Since I watched Start-up and Run On before this one (even if I saw the second half of the Tagalized version and bits and pieces via tvN, I only finished watching everything (from start to finish ++) yesterday), I couldn't help, but see Ki Seon-gyeom in the Crown Prince (both intelligent, but seemingly dumb), and everytime the Crown Prince and Yeon Hong Shim kissed, I couldn't help, but blurt, "At least Na Won Deuk / Crown Prince Lee Yul's kisses seems electrifying, while Nam Do San and Seo Dal Mi's kisses are cringe worthy...wait, that's harsh ... they are good actors, but I just didn't feel their kisses ... I felt super sad for Han Ji Pyeong in Start-up, but I felt excited with the Crown Prince and Hongshim's sweet osculation. I know not everyone would agree with me, but that's my opinion. (Well, I'm biased. I'm team GOOD BOY  😊)

KIM SEON HO's role, Je Yoon, has  Facial blindness disorder or
Prosopagnosia . It is a neurological disorder characterized by the inability to recognize faces. Prosopagnosia is also known as face blindness or facial agnosia. ... Prosopagnosia can result from stroke, traumatic brain injury, or certain neurodegenerative diseases.

Even with that condition, his role is also very endearing here, and very vital. No wonder Yeon Hong Shim / Yoon Yi-seo chooses him over the Crown Prince (What? I thought he didn't get the girl --- just watch the whole thing, OK? The link leads to the portion in the  Tagalized version  where she chooses Je-Yoon), but click the NETFLIX version for the whole series.). 😄



Would I watch this again? Most probably, but not in the near future. 
 🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷 
 Thanks for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星