I watched PRIME MINISTER & I 총리와 나 Chong ri wa na(2013-2014) Again

https://mydramalist.com/people/1198-kim-seung-woo 


This is a poster for the Promotional poster Prime Minister and I.
The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the television drama, Korean Broadcasting System, the publisher of the television drama or the graphic artist.


Written byKim Eun-hee
Yoon Eun-kyung
Directed byLee So-yeon

Seven years ago I have watched this series from start to finish.  Different emotions were felt. We laughed, cried, got angry, got pissed, we felt pity, disappointed, frustrated, and so much more, including those kilig moments.  Sigh.

After watching MARRIAGE CONTRACT I felt I had to watch this again(among the many other forced, pragmatic, situational, et cetera, movies and series, including MY KOREAN JAGIYA---currently being shown again at GMA 7, on its final week(my blogs about it: 1 and 2))

When I started watching this again I realized that I made the right decision.  True, I still remembered this and that, but most of the time it felt like I was seeing certain scenes for the first time.

After IM YOON-AH's YOU ARE MY DESTINY(2008-2009) we followed her career just like how we followed Chae Rim, so we definitely did not miss this.  

Yoon-ah has her own charm.  I remember that Goo(Ku) Hye-sun(Jandi in BOYS OVER FLOWERS among others) admired her greatly and even shed tears when she met her for the first time in WIN WIN, a variety show fromKBS2TV we watched religiously back then.  She is remarkable.

When we meet her character, Nam Da Jung, she looks elegant in red, but the Prime Minister smirks at her, making those who do not know the premise wonder why then the past scenes are shown(I am not sure if you could call them flashbacks)to make us learn how the two leads meet.

Our male protagonist, played by LEE BEOM-SOO, was still the Deputy Prime Minister Kwon Yool then.  He's an upstanding and outstanding person, but he does not have time for his three children.  When he meets Nam Da Jung, his world turns upsidedown, and little by little his children warm up to him and Nam Du Jung.

Lee Beom-soo is one of the best actors in Korea, and I guess he is one of the few who has more movies than TV series that aren't few either.  My favorite role of his is when he played Lee Kang-mo in GIANT.  Nope.  It's not the Korean remake of the Edna Ferber classic, but it is written by Jang Young-chul and Jung Kyung-soon, and directed by Yoo In-shik and Lee Chang-min. I journeyed with him and his siblings.  I felt every emotion.  

Here in Prime Minister & I he didn't give a namby pamby performance.  He actually played his part well.

💙💙💙💙💙

Mom noticed a few continuity issues, but she said they are negligible.  We didn't even notice them back then(like how we didn't notice certain things in one of our favorite local series if we didn't watch it again).


There are many serious topics here in Prime Minister & I,  but the writer and director decided to balance the story with funny scenes to lighten the mood. 

We so believe this was intelligently written, greatly directed, and the cast was chosen well.

You might wonder after some time has elapsed, "How come Kwon Na Ra(JEON MIN-SEO)did not grow taller?" Well, maybe she did, but her brothers grew taller too, so we didn't notice.
 😆😊☺🤣😉

I love Nam Da Jung's relationship with her father(LEE HAN-WI as Nam Yoo-sik) and how pure her heart really is...Well, maybe not super duper pure because she used to work for the blatantly blunt Scandal News, and she has outrageous ideas, but she is a good and thoughtful person.  She worries about others more than herself so her REAL HONEY gave her nicknames.

Now what about the other three main characters? 

YOON SHI-YOON plays the very angry Kang In-ho who is not only angry, but he's so conflicted too.  His attraction to Nam Da Jung distracts him from his "mission".  Yoon Shi-yoon was able to convey to us what is inside his heart.  He is really a talented person...versatile too.  I "met" him first in HIGH KICK then noticed his acting ability in BAKER KING, his first lead role, and he has been very busy ever since.

Manager Seo Hye-joo is played by CHAE JUNG-AN, whom I met first in EMPEROR OF THE SEA(Lady Chae-Rye) , but for me, her most memorable performances are in COFFEE PRINCE as Han Yoo-joo and WHEN A MAN FALLS IN LOVE as Baek Sung-joo before this one.  I love her here.  Seo Hye-joo is so brilliant, loyal(she is, even if there are times when you would think otherwise), and very empowered.  She has a good heart, even if she is the jealous type.  I like how Chae Jung-an brought her to life.

Oh, before I forget, and we shouldn't forget, RYU JIN who plays Minister Park Joon-ki, the older brother of Park Na Young(Jeong Ae-Yeon), the PM's departed wife.  His role is very important here.  He is the PM's rival, but there was a time that he was also his good friend.  Ryu Jin is also one of the actors I greatly admire, and he was able to comvey to us that Park Joon-Ki is not really a bad person.

The kids(Woori, Na-Ra and Man-se), Driver Shim, the security detail, the household help(especially Jun Won-Joo), the caregivers, the reporters(Byun Woo-chul, Ko Dal-pyo and Park Hee-Chul), the Ministers' wives(especially Na Yoon-hee), The President, Kang Soo Ho, Na-Ra's crush played by Suho, et al did their parts well, so  I guess I should repeat that the cast was chosen well.

Would I watch it for a third time?

If the world has not ended yet, maybe after a few years,  😇😅🥰😀😁 but mom and I firmly believe that our time was not wasted.

Thanks for reading this until the end

Stay safe and healthy!

Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries
Im Yoon-ah
Won
Best Couple Award
Lee Beom-soo and Im Yoon-ah
Won



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星