5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

Promotional poster for 2015 Japanese TV series 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan
5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (5→9(5時から9時まで)〜私に恋したお坊さん〜), is a 2015 Fuji TV Japanese television drama series starring Satomi Ishihara and Tomohisa Yamashita. The drama is based on the manga series From Five to Nine by Miki Aihara. It aired from 12 October 2015 to 14 December 2015 with a total of 10 episodes. The first episode received a viewership rating of 12.6% in the Kantō region.-Wikipedia
Japanese Title: 5 時から 9 時まで私に恋したイケメンすぎるお坊さん
Romanji Title: 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan
English Title: From 5 to 9
Broadcast Network: Fuji TV

Monastics in Japan are particularly exceptional in the Buddhist tradition because the monks and nuns can marry after receiving their higher ordination.-Wikipedia 

Being a Buddhist, it is very easy to become financially rich. Since you know that generosity is the cause of richness, you start practising it and get the results. Actually doing it with motivation to become able to help others more can contribute to spiritual development.-Quora
From EukyBear 💗 Dramas

Watch Via KissAsians (Don't worry, it has English Subs...except for the kid's intro)


After watching a few episodes of two horrible J Doramas...well, they both had mixed reviews, but there were some who loved them, so I thought I would love them too---I wanted to give them both their respective chances, but unfortunately I didn't have a grand time.  Anything that is TOO MUCH is bad, argh...I won't explain further.

Let me just go on with this JDorama... I am really very glad to have found this GEM.  

How did I "stumble" upon this?

When I was watching CLOSE RANGE LOVE, there were viewer comments saying he, Yamashita Tomohisa as Sakurai Sensei, is always paired with cute/beautiful leading ladies.

Oh, so he has more JDoramas...

So I checked out his Wikipedia, AsianWiki(I like his photo there), and My Drama List(the photo there does not look like him) pages, and saw this title, then I searched for it, and I found it at KissAsians(it's from Drama Cool, but Drama Cool has lots of pop-up ads). 

At first I didn't like Hoshikawa Takane because he is manipulative, controlling...he even held her captive, etc.  He even congratulated her for having the privilege to marry him.  My goodness! 

No wonder Sakuraba Junko was so freaked out.  Just because he fell in love with her at first sight...but little by little he becomes endearing to the audience, and to Sakuraba Junko. Plus, it was nice that he promised not to stalk her for life if she did not like her week-long Bride-in-training sessions, but just as I was starting to root for him, he does something selfish again.  He stands in the way of her dreams.  Well, thankfully, I still gave him a chance and finished this Dorama.  I love the ending.  

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan 🔙I love this review---this is why I continued to look for this short series. It will really help you decide if you should watch this 10-episode series or not, so I guess I would not say anything further.





Thanks for your time!

  • Drama: From Five To Nine
  • Romaji: 5→9: Watashi ni Koi Shita Ikemen Sugiru Obousan
  • Japanese: 5→9~私に恋したイケメンすぎるお坊さん~
  • Director: Shin HiranoHideyuki Aizawa
  • Writer: Miki Aihara (manga), Shota Koyama
  • Network: Fuji TV
  • Episodes: 10
  • Release Date: October 12 - December 14, 2015

AsianWiki

Yamashita-san's voice is sweet

JAPANESE HONORIFICS
MY DRAMA LIST REVIEWS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星