MISS CROW with MR. LIZARD (2021)

 MY BLOG ABOUT EPISODES 1 to 12


2/3 down 1/3 to go


As of 2014, more than 1,250 patients have received SynCardia artificial hearts. The device requires the use of the Companion 2 in-hospital driver, approved by the FDA in 2012, or the Freedom Driver System, approved in 2014, which allows some patients to return home, to power the heart with pulses of air. -Wikipedia (nothing like Gu Chuan's mechanical heart)


Wow.  I really love this series, and it's one of those that I know I would cherish and remember as long as I could.  The episodes keep on getting to be exciting, but even if I don't want to hate anyone, I hate Chairman Xu played by Ma Wei Jiang(Xu Cheng Ran's Dad and Tang Xu's godfather) but I don't hate the actor(I don't even know him in real life), and Su Man Lin played by Ge Shi Min, and of course, I don't hate her. I have no reason to.


Lulu Xuan

Gu Chuan(Allen Ren)'s ex, Sister Chen Wen Wen, played by Lulu Xuanwho was reintroduced in episode 12, is a very nice and sincere person.  She's one of the best C Drama exes ever!  This irks Su Man Lin, and even attempts to kill, or at least put Jiang Xiao Ning(Fair Xing) in danger, to implicate Chen Wen Wen(it's her building).  


note: Blogger was down for a while, so I wasn't able to update this, but I have finished this up to the 36th episode already earlier this year.  It's the 21st of September in the year 2021.  I liked the ending, but I had to rewatch certain things to remember what I wanted to say.   I was supposed to divide my blogs about this into three, but I guess I have to be satisfied by just writing this second one.  I wanted to say a lot of things, but as I have said, Blogger was down for a while. 




Even if there were a lot of unrealistic scenes, somehow while I was rapt in the moment, I forgot I was watching a fantasy series and believed the scenes without thinking too much into it.  I love the chemistry between Allen Ren and Fair Xing, and as I mentioned in the earlier blog entry, Allen Ren looks to young for his role.  He is supposed to be way older than Fair Xing, but then again,  most of us Asians do look younger than our actual ages.  I like the twists and turns, and how Mr. Lizard really showed his love for Miss Crow, much to the chagrin and dismay of Sun Man Lin.  Her tricks never worked, thank goodness.  If you haven't seen any of the episodes you might wonder if it's boring because there's no conflict between the OTP.  There are many factors that make the OTP interesting, don't worry about that, and if you're looking for fluff, there's a lot of them, so I hope you get to see this series.

It tackles about a lot of things and not only the missing years between the two of them.

There are subtle and not so subtle advertising tropes, but I didn't mind them all.  


  The Second Couple (they are also main characters even if they are not the Title characters)
Zhao Chan(CHLOE ZHAO) and Xu Cheng Ran (WAYNE LIU)

The second couple have their own battles.  CHLOE ZHAO plays Zhao Chan, a strong woman in a man's world.  She has to fend for herself because she has to deal with a lot of predators, so she was pretty iffy if she should accept Xu Cheng Ran played by WAYNE LIU because he was such a playboy.  Besides that, she found him so childish.  When they finally fell in love, their chemistry was undeniable(the characters and the actors).

also from My Drama List

I love the kind "adults"(the ones older than the two couples and others).   I only "hate" Xu Cheng Ran's dad, remember?  Besides being great actors, their characters have substance.  

Gu Chuan's folks, for instance, are not snobs.  

Jiang Xiao Ning's aunt, Jiang Ling(see photo above these words), played by VILA FAN, loved Xiao Ning so much that she was just worried about her and her future, if she kept on loving a dying man.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE SERIES
Well there are bits and pieces of scenes that are forgivable, and no one is expecting this to be perfect, but why oh why didn't they dress Xiao Ning up during the awards night?  She knows that when her relationship status with Gu Chuan changed, she should have dressed appropriately while meeting up with his folks, but when they went to the night of the awarding ceremony for her beloved Gu Chuan, she didn't even make herself look pleasing at the very least...or nobody thought of providing her with better clothes.  Why? 

Instead of writing lengthily, I will just add links below:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-ji Kara 9-ji Made: Watashi ni Koi Shita Obōsan (2015)

잘났어 정말 Also Known As: You're Great, Really! , Just Extraordinary! , You're Really Something! , You are the boss! , Jalnasseo, Jeongmal!

The Brightest Star in the Sky (2019) 夜空中最闪亮的星